PICO RIVERA, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles County authorities say a 15-year-old boy is suspected of setting fire to his house after getting into an argument with his mother.
Fire officials say the mother and another person were able to escape the blaze unhurt Sunday evening in Pico Rivera.
After crews doused the flames, sheriff’s officials set up a perimeter and searched for the teen. They didn’t find him but the boy returned about three hours later and surrendered.
The Whittier Daily News reports the teen is suspected of dumping gasoline around the exterior of the house and igniting it. The home has been deemed inhabitable.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- The coming California megastorm