COLLEGE PARK, Ga. (AP) — Police in Georgia say a 13-year-old boy accidentally shot his mother in the neck.
Fulton County Police Detective Melissa Parker told local news media that police are calling the shooting Saturday night in College Park, southwest of Atlanta, an accident. Police say the teen thought the gun was a toy.
Police say the teen may have found the gun in the neighborhood and brought it home.
Parker says the mother is in stable condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI warned of large-scale nationwide protests by Trump supporters, but they fail to materialize
- Man lived inside Chicago's O’Hare airport for 3 months before detection, prosecutors say
- Trump prepares to offer clemency to more than 100 people in final hours in office
- Misinformation dropped dramatically the week after Twitter banned Trump
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Police are still investigating the shooting. No charges have been filed.