COLLEGE PARK, Ga. (AP) — Police in Georgia say a 13-year-old boy accidentally shot his mother in the neck.
Fulton County Police Detective Melissa Parker told local news media that police are calling the shooting Saturday night in College Park, southwest of Atlanta, an accident. Police say the teen thought the gun was a toy.
Police say the teen may have found the gun in the neighborhood and brought it home.
Parker says the mother is in stable condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- People dumped their pets into lakes, officials say. Now football-size goldfish are taking over.
- Free money for all? Mayors hope local tests bring big change
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Police are still investigating the shooting. No charges have been filed.