COLLEGE PARK, Ga. (AP) — Police in Georgia say a 13-year-old boy accidentally shot his mother in the neck.
Fulton County Police Detective Melissa Parker told local news media that police are calling the shooting Saturday night in College Park, southwest of Atlanta, an accident. Police say the teen thought the gun was a toy.
Police say the teen may have found the gun in the neighborhood and brought it home.
Parker says the mother is in stable condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CDC reverses itself, says new guidelines on coronavirus transmission were posted in error
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- CDC quietly issues new guidance on how coronavirus spreads
- ‘We May Be Surprised Again’: An Unpredictable Pandemic Takes a Terrible Toll
- Trump Supporters Disrupt Early Voting in Virginia
Police are still investigating the shooting. No charges have been filed.