SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Airport officials say they caught a teenager hiding “in or around” the wheel well of an airplane parked at a Salt Lake City hangar.
Authorities say the 16-year-old boy ran from police and jumped an airfield fence Thursday after they tried to pull him over in a stolen car. Authorities searched for the teen overnight.
An airplane mechanic inspecting a plane Friday spotted the teenager in the regional jet’s wheel well.
Salt Lake City International Airport spokeswoman Nancy Volmer says the teen was found at a maintenance hangar northwest of the main airport terminal and taken into custody.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
- California sinkhole swallows third car as drivers ignore 'ROAD CLOSED' sign
- Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
A second 16-year-old who had been riding in the stolen car is being held in juvenile detention.