TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — A 14-year-old boy has been charged with felony murder in the shooting death of a man who was found wounded after his car struck a utility pole in New Jersey’s capital city.
Mercer County prosecutors said Tuesday that the teen is also charged with murder, robbery and weapons counts stemming from the Dec. 21 death of 40-year-old Brian Ficzko. The Flemington man was found in his vehicle by Trenton police after it struck a pole and another vehicle.
Ficzko was taken to a hospital where doctors discovered he had been shot in the chest, He was pronounced dead there a short time later.
The teen’s name was not released due to his age. He was arrested Friday and is being held in a youth detention center.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- In 1970, Mississippi banned 'Sesame Street' for showing Black and white kids playing
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events