IONIA, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a 17-year-old has died while swimming in a northeast Iowa park.
The Chickesaw County sheriff’s office says Samuel Hake, of Nashua, died on Saturday at Chickesaw Park. Hake was an 11th grader at Nashua-Plainfield High School.
Authorities have given few details on how Hake died, and are still investigating his death.
School officials say they plan to provide counseling services for students.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Analysis: French anger shifts from pension law to focus on Macron
- COVID's still out there. Here's what to do if you get it now.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump warns of 'potential death & destruction' if he is charged in hush-money case
- Should you get another COVID booster?