IONIA, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a 17-year-old has died while swimming in a northeast Iowa park.
The Chickesaw County sheriff’s office says Samuel Hake, of Nashua, died on Saturday at Chickesaw Park. Hake was an 11th grader at Nashua-Plainfield High School.
Authorities have given few details on how Hake died, and are still investigating his death.
School officials say they plan to provide counseling services for students.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't