PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police say a 19-year-old woman has been shot while driving in Providence.
Maj. David Lapatin says the victim was driving in the area of Academy and Whitford avenues at about 6 p.m. Wednesday when someone shot at her car several times.
Her passenger took her to the hospital where she was treated for one gunshot wound not considered life threatening. Neither her name nor her home town were released.
Police do not think it was a random shooting, but have not announced if they have any suspects or made any arrests.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘Victoria’s Secret Karen’ video: Lawsuits show what viewers didn’t see
- Former Speaker Paul Ryan says Republicans will lose if Donald Trump is nominee
- Sitting all day increases dementia risk — even if you exercise
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Lapatin says investigators think the suspect was somewhere on the street waiting for the car to drive by.