GEORGETOWN, S.C. (AP) — A 19-year-old man has died after being shot at a park in coastal South Carolina.
Local media outlets reported that A’sharr Kysean Cox of Conway died after being shot at a park in Georgetown County on Sunday night.
Police said Cox was taken to a hospital in Georgetown before he was transferred to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center in Myrtle Beach where he died early Monday.
Georgetown sheriff’s spokesman Jason Lesley said Cox was at a park where there was a dispute with several other people. Lesley said detectives are still trying to determine what led to the shooting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
No arrests have been reported.