GEORGETOWN, S.C. (AP) — A 19-year-old man has died after being shot at a park in coastal South Carolina.
Local media outlets reported that A’sharr Kysean Cox of Conway died after being shot at a park in Georgetown County on Sunday night.
Police said Cox was taken to a hospital in Georgetown before he was transferred to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center in Myrtle Beach where he died early Monday.
Georgetown sheriff’s spokesman Jason Lesley said Cox was at a park where there was a dispute with several other people. Lesley said detectives are still trying to determine what led to the shooting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
No arrests have been reported.