WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 16-year-old fired a shot at a police officer who was chasing him after seeing him try to break into a North Carolina home.
Winston-Salem Police said the boy was arrested earlier this week and charged with assault with a deadly weapon on a law officer and felony breaking and entering.
Police said officers found the boy and another teen trying to break in a home Sunday morning and started chasing them.
Police said in a release that one of the teens fired on the officers, who were not injured and did not fire back.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea
Authorities say an 18-year-old was also arrested and charged with the break in.