ST. LOUIS (AP) — Police have arrested a St. Louis teen in the shooting death of a man found dead in his crashed car last week.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the 17-year-old told officers that he shot 26-year-old Rashauwn Haley because he felt cheated in a drug deal.
The teen was charged Friday with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in Haley’s death. He remains in custody on $1 million bail.
The Associated Press does not generally name juveniles charged with a crime.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
Haley’s body was found in the driver’s seat of a car that had crashed into an empty parked car around 1:30 p.m. Jan 18. Authorities say he had been shot several times and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com