ST. LOUIS (AP) — Police have arrested a St. Louis teen in the shooting death of a man found dead in his crashed car last week.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the 17-year-old told officers that he shot 26-year-old Rashauwn Haley because he felt cheated in a drug deal.
The teen was charged Friday with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in Haley’s death. He remains in custody on $1 million bail.
The Associated Press does not generally name juveniles charged with a crime.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
Haley’s body was found in the driver’s seat of a car that had crashed into an empty parked car around 1:30 p.m. Jan 18. Authorities say he had been shot several times and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com