GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — A teen has confessed that he was driving a stolen van, stopped at Starbucks and then led police on a chase that seriously injured an officer.
The Sun Herald of Biloxi reports 18-year-old Eli Daniel Bosworth confessed in court to the crimes Wednesday after already confessing to police on tape. He’s charged with felony vehicle theft and fleeing.
Bosworth says he was dropped off near a shopping area and got cold so he searched for a vehicle with keys inside. He found some in a commuter van, cranked up the heat and stopped at Starbucks before browsing other stores. The van was reported stolen and officers initiated a pursuit that ended with the teen crashing into officer Luis Garcia.
Bosworth faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com