GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — A teen has confessed that he was driving a stolen van, stopped at Starbucks and then led police on a chase that seriously injured an officer.
The Sun Herald of Biloxi reports 18-year-old Eli Daniel Bosworth confessed in court to the crimes Wednesday after already confessing to police on tape. He’s charged with felony vehicle theft and fleeing.
Bosworth says he was dropped off near a shopping area and got cold so he searched for a vehicle with keys inside. He found some in a commuter van, cranked up the heat and stopped at Starbucks before browsing other stores. The van was reported stolen and officers initiated a pursuit that ended with the teen crashing into officer Luis Garcia.
Bosworth faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com