GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — A teen has confessed that he was driving a stolen van, stopped at Starbucks and then led police on a chase that seriously injured an officer.
The Sun Herald of Biloxi reports 18-year-old Eli Daniel Bosworth confessed in court to the crimes Wednesday after already confessing to police on tape. He’s charged with felony vehicle theft and fleeing.
Bosworth says he was dropped off near a shopping area and got cold so he searched for a vehicle with keys inside. He found some in a commuter van, cranked up the heat and stopped at Starbucks before browsing other stores. The van was reported stolen and officers initiated a pursuit that ended with the teen crashing into officer Luis Garcia.
Bosworth faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com