GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — A teen has confessed that he was driving a stolen van, stopped at Starbucks and then led police on a chase that seriously injured an officer.
The Sun Herald of Biloxi reports 18-year-old Eli Daniel Bosworth confessed in court to the crimes Wednesday after already confessing to police on tape. He’s charged with felony vehicle theft and fleeing.
Bosworth says he was dropped off near a shopping area and got cold so he searched for a vehicle with keys inside. He found some in a commuter van, cranked up the heat and stopped at Starbucks before browsing other stores. The van was reported stolen and officers initiated a pursuit that ended with the teen crashing into officer Luis Garcia.
Bosworth faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com