HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Hartford’s minor league baseball team is using monkeys, a human cannonball and cheeseburger uniforms in an effort to entice fans to ballgames this season.
The Yard Goats, the Double-A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, plan numerous promotions during their second season at Dunkin’ Donuts Park.
Some of the more unusual include an appearance by the Cowboy Monkey Rodeo on June 14, in which monkeys, wearing cowboy outfits will ride around the field on dogs.
Dave “The Bullet” Smith will be shot from a cannon after the July 26 game.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
The team also plans to play on August 12 as the Steamed Cheeseburgers.
Officials say that promotion, which will include specially designed uniforms, will pay homage to Ted’s Restaurant in Meriden, which is credited with inventing that delicacy in 1959.