LA PLATA, Md. (AP) — A teachers’ aide and track coach described as a “predator” by a county prosecutor in southern Maryland has pleaded guilty to more than two dozen child sex abuse charges.
The Charles County State’s Attorney’s Office says 30-year-old Carlos Deangelo Bell entered the plea Friday. His trial on more than 200 child abuse offenses had been set to begin Monday.
Authorities say Bell worked at Benjamin Stoddert Middle School in Waldorf. Media outlets report that Bell’s victims ranged in age from 11 to 17, and that he recorded some of those assaults, some of which took place on school grounds.
Court records show sentencing is scheduled for March 28.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination