CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina middle school teacher has been accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a woman while working as a driver for the popular ridesharing service Uber.
Multiple media outlets report that according to an arrest affidavit, 39-year-old Patrick Aiello of Charleston demanded sexual favors Sunday night from a 23-year-old intoxicated female passenger in his car. The woman says Aiello attacked and sexually assaulted her before kicking her out of the vehicle.
Aiello, a teacher at Zucker Middle School in North Charleston, was arrested Monday on charges of kidnapping and first-degree criminal sexual conduct.
Charleston County School District spokesman Daniel Head says Aiello has been placed on paid administrative leave.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii police arrest couple who boarded flight despite testing positive for coronavirus
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- 'Absolutely normal': COVID vaccine side effects are no reason to avoid the shots, doctors say
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- New Orleans swingers event becomes 'superspreader' after 41 test positive for coronavirus
Uber spokeswoman Kaitlin Durkosh says Aiello has been removed as a driver. It is unclear if he has an attorney.