CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina middle school teacher has been accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a woman while working as a driver for the popular ridesharing service Uber.
Multiple media outlets report that according to an arrest affidavit, 39-year-old Patrick Aiello of Charleston demanded sexual favors Sunday night from a 23-year-old intoxicated female passenger in his car. The woman says Aiello attacked and sexually assaulted her before kicking her out of the vehicle.
Aiello, a teacher at Zucker Middle School in North Charleston, was arrested Monday on charges of kidnapping and first-degree criminal sexual conduct.
Charleston County School District spokesman Daniel Head says Aiello has been placed on paid administrative leave.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Navy shares photos of enormous Arabian Sea weapons seizure
- Fauci Says Indoor Mask Guidance Can ‘Start Being More Liberal’
- Melinda Gates reportedly met with divorce lawyers in 2019 ahead of split with Bill Gates
- Vatican warns US bishops over get-tough Communion proposals
- An obscure Texas security company helped persuade Americans that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump
Uber spokeswoman Kaitlin Durkosh says Aiello has been removed as a driver. It is unclear if he has an attorney.