HONESDALE, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania bank customer has single-handedly tackled crime.
WNEP reports the drama started Friday, when a masked man with a gun burst into a bank in Montdale, in Pennsylvania’s Poconos. Police say he ordered the tellers to fill a bag with money.
Surveillance video captured customer Robert Sakosky tackling the man, grabbing the bag of money out of his hands and throwing it across the room. Two young women at the back of the bank flee as Sakosky continues to wrestle with the man, who eventually takes off after Sakosky rips his mask off.
Sakosky, the general manager of a local hotel, then directs arriving police to where the robber fled.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
The suspect, John Ryall, was caught and faces charges including robbery and making terroristic threats.
No attorney is listed.