SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A Syracuse teenager has been arrested and charged with second-degree murder in connection with the shooting death of another teenager in early December.
Sixteen-year-old Lamar Murray also was charged Friday with criminal possession of a weapon. He’s being held at Onondaga County Justice Center. It could not immediately be determined if he has an attorney.
Police say the victim, 18-year-old Jaquan Moore, was shot in the head while stopped at a traffic light on the southwest side of the city on Dec. 8. Moore’s vehicle continued northbound before it went off the street and hit a building and utility pole. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he died a short time later.
Police are still investigating and are asking anyone with information to call (315) 442-5222.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought VIEW
- Scott Pruitt before the EPA: Fancy homes, a shell company and friends with money
- Former Mariners reliever Danny Farquhar 'stable but in critical condition' after passing out in dugout
- Archaeologists find bust of Roman emperor in Egypt
- Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in Alabama