SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A Syracuse teenager has been arrested and charged with second-degree murder in connection with the shooting death of another teenager in early December.
Sixteen-year-old Lamar Murray also was charged Friday with criminal possession of a weapon. He’s being held at Onondaga County Justice Center. It could not immediately be determined if he has an attorney.
Police say the victim, 18-year-old Jaquan Moore, was shot in the head while stopped at a traffic light on the southwest side of the city on Dec. 8. Moore’s vehicle continued northbound before it went off the street and hit a building and utility pole. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he died a short time later.
Police are still investigating and are asking anyone with information to call (315) 442-5222.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says