LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — The University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s 18th annual Weatherfest and Central Plains Severe Weather Symposium is scheduled for April 7 at the Nebraska Innovation Campus Convention Center.
The free public event is part of the Weather Ready Nation Ambassador program organized by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The program prepares communities for weather, water and climate extremes.
Participants will be able to interact with emergency managers and government agencies.
More information on Weatherfest is available online .
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions