MILLBURY, Mass. (AP) — A school bus’s dashboard camera has captured an SUV narrowly missing a mother and her child in central Massachusetts.
WBZ-TV reports Ashley Makridakis was picking up her 7-year-old daughter Lyla in Millbury Friday when the bus driver saw the SUV approaching.
The bus driver slammed his horn to alert the two, and the car passed within feet of striking them.
The SUV never slowed down, blowing through the bus’s stop sign. The bus driver says he could see the female driver on her cellphone.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
Police say it is unlikely they will find the driver, as the SUV was traveling too quickly for the video to capture the license plate numbers.
Information from: WBZ-TV, http://cbsboston.com