NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a woman was struck and killed when an SUV crashed through a bus stop in New Jersey.
They say the driver then fled the scene and remains at large. The driver apparently was alone in the SUV.
The accident occurred around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in North Bergen.
The bus stop is in front of Hackensack Meridian Health Palisades Medical Center. Authorities say the woman worked at a skilled nursing facility next to the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea
It wasn’t immediately clear how many people were at the bus stop at the time or many people may have been injured. The name of the deceased woman has not been disclosed.
The roadway was shut in both directions while authorities investigated.
Hudson County prosecutors are leading the investigation.