HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Officials say three people were quarantined when a suspicious white substance was found in an envelope inside a federal office building.
The Hartford Police Department says they first got a call about the substance around 1 p.m. Thursday from the William Cotter Federal Office Building in Hartford. Officials say the substance was found inside an envelope in the building’s mail room on the first floor.
Those inside the mailroom at the time have been quarantined, although no injuries have been reported.
Samples of the substance are currently being evaluated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
The FBI, state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and state bomb squad all responded to the scene.