HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Officials say three people were quarantined when a suspicious white substance was found in an envelope inside a federal office building.
The Hartford Police Department says they first got a call about the substance around 1 p.m. Thursday from the William Cotter Federal Office Building in Hartford. Officials say the substance was found inside an envelope in the building’s mail room on the first floor.
Those inside the mailroom at the time have been quarantined, although no injuries have been reported.
Samples of the substance are currently being evaluated.
Most Read Stories
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
- After 911 calls and a lockdown at Highline College, police find 'zero evidence' of a shooting VIEW
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- Snow in Seattle? Freezing temperatures? 'Be ready for it'
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
The FBI, state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and state bomb squad all responded to the scene.