PHOENIX (AP) — Officials at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport say parts of a busy terminal have been shut down as police investigate a vehicle that was left unattended.
Authorities say a suspicious vehicle was parked outside early Sunday and its owner could not be found.
An airport spokeswoman says the pre-security area in the east side of Terminal 4 was evacuated and three of the four security checkpoints at the terminal have also been closed.
The Sky Train also has stopped dropping passengers off at the terminal as authorities investigate the situation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- SpaceX suffers serious setback with crew capsule accident
It’s unclear if any flights have been affected and when the terminal will be re-opened.