PHOENIX (AP) — Officials at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport say parts of a busy terminal have been shut down as police investigate a vehicle that was left unattended.
Authorities say a suspicious vehicle was parked outside early Sunday and its owner could not be found.
An airport spokeswoman says the pre-security area in the east side of Terminal 4 was evacuated and three of the four security checkpoints at the terminal have also been closed.
The Sky Train also has stopped dropping passengers off at the terminal as authorities investigate the situation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Putin blasts US, West over NATO before Serbia visit
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
It’s unclear if any flights have been affected and when the terminal will be re-opened.