PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A Medford woman was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after authorities say she struck garbage cans and drove into a ditch during a Taco Bell run.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 39-year-old Diane Wilcox left her home Tuesday morning to travel to a Taco Bell about six miles (10 kilometers) away.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office says she began hitting garbage cans and nearly struck an elderly couple while she was driving home.
Authorities say she then drove into a ditch near her home and bystanders forced her to stop.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Authorities say she had a blood alcohol level of 0.55 percent, and she was taken to the hospital for treatment. The legal limit in Oregon is 0.08 percent.
Sheriff’s office Sgt. Julie Denney says her blood alcohol level can be fatal.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com