PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A Medford woman was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after authorities say she struck garbage cans and drove into a ditch during a Taco Bell run.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 39-year-old Diane Wilcox left her home Tuesday morning to travel to a Taco Bell about six miles (10 kilometers) away.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office says she began hitting garbage cans and nearly struck an elderly couple while she was driving home.
Authorities say she then drove into a ditch near her home and bystanders forced her to stop.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Authorities say she had a blood alcohol level of 0.55 percent, and she was taken to the hospital for treatment. The legal limit in Oregon is 0.08 percent.
Sheriff’s office Sgt. Julie Denney says her blood alcohol level can be fatal.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com