LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles police say a woman led officers on a wild chase in a suspected stolen car that lasted a half-hour and ended when she crashed into a pole.
Officials say at one point during the pursuit early Thursday the suspect stopped the sedan suddenly and then backed up and rammed a patrol car. One officer was hospitalized in unknown condition.
As she led officers through suburban Van Nuys, the woman gestured out the window to bystanders in the streets.
At the end of the chase, she lit a cigarette, stuck her head out of the car’s sunroof and ignored officers’ commands.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The suspect was dragged from the vehicle and taken into custody.