SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — The Minnehaha County Sheriff’s Department says a deputy shot suspect at a Sioux Falls residence who was armed with a weapon.
The incident happened at 1:25 a.m. Friday after officers responded to a report of a violent domestic assault. Authorities say the suspect was transported to a local hospital with a single gunshot wound.
No further details of the incident have been released.
Minnehaha County Sheriff Mike Milstead says the investigation will be handled by the state Division of Criminal Investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events