TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The suspect in the shooting of a father and son is now facing a murder charge after one of the victims died.
WIBW reports John Wesley Towner Jr. was charged Thursday with second-degree murder in the death of 34-year-old John Austin Jr. in January.
Towner originally was charged with two counts of attempted murder and other crimes.
Austin and his 57-year-old father, John Austin Sr., were shot on January 22 outside a central Topeka home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Towner is being held on $100,000 bond. His jury trial is scheduled to begin June 11.
Information from: WIBW-TV.