SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A man wanted in connection with a fatal shooting at a child’s birthday party in Massachusetts earlier this month has been apprehended in North Carolina.
Springfield police say 23-year-old Terrance Montgomery was arrested Tuesday by U.S. Marshals at a home in Laurinburg, North Carolina, on a fugitive from justice warrant.
The West Springfield man was wanted in connection with the fatal shooting May 5 of 23-year-old Paul Finegan.
Police previously said the shooting occurred in the yard of a home while a 3-year-old child’s birthday party was being held inside.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Montgomery faces murder and other charges when he’s returned to Massachusetts.
It could not be determined if the suspect has a lawyer.