CHICAGO (AP) — A Nevada man wanted in the beating death of his 10-month-old child has been arrested in Chicago.
Authorities say Eric Chu was arrested Friday at a Greyhound bus station by FBI agents and local police.
The 31-year-old Chu of Las Vegas is charged with murder in the death Wednesday of his child, whose name and sex authorities have not released.
Police say they were called to a Las Vegas home on Tuesday after medical personnel went there and found a 10-month-old boy who wasn’t breathing. The child was pronounced dead the next day at University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
Investigators focused on Chu as the person who had injured the child, and found out he had fled to Chicago, where he once lived.
Chu is expected to appear Saturday in bond court. It wasn’t immediately known if he has legal representation.