ABBOTSFORD, Wis. (AP) — A suspect in a central Wisconsin shooting that left two people dead and a third person injured is due in court.
That appearance is scheduled for Monday at 2 p.m. The man is suspected of killing a couple at an Abbotsford residence Saturday and wounding a woman. She is expected to recover.
Marathon County sheriff’s officials say the suspect knew the victims.
Colby-Abbotsford Police Chief Jason Bauer says officers arrested the suspect near the scene. A gun was recovered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
The Wisconsin State Crime Lab is assisting in the investigation.