ABBOTSFORD, Wis. (AP) — A suspect in a central Wisconsin shooting that left two people dead and a third person injured is due in court.
That appearance is scheduled for Monday at 2 p.m. The man is suspected of killing a couple at an Abbotsford residence Saturday and wounding a woman. She is expected to recover.
Marathon County sheriff’s officials say the suspect knew the victims.
Colby-Abbotsford Police Chief Jason Bauer says officers arrested the suspect near the scene. A gun was recovered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
The Wisconsin State Crime Lab is assisting in the investigation.