ABBOTSFORD, Wis. (AP) — A suspect in a central Wisconsin shooting that left two people dead and a third person injured is due in court.
That appearance is scheduled for Monday at 2 p.m. The man is suspected of killing a couple at an Abbotsford residence Saturday and wounding a woman. She is expected to recover.
Marathon County sheriff’s officials say the suspect knew the victims.
Colby-Abbotsford Police Chief Jason Bauer says officers arrested the suspect near the scene. A gun was recovered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
The Wisconsin State Crime Lab is assisting in the investigation.