INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. (AP) — Washoe County sheriff’s deputies have added a murder charge for a suspect arrested in the suspicious death of a man at Lake Tahoe.
The sheriff’s office says officers found a man dead in Incline Village on Tuesday when they were called to a residence near Southwood and Tahoe boulevards at about 10 a.m.
The suspect identified as 44-year-old Ismael Resendiz-Moreno was detained at the scene and originally booked into the Washoe County Jail on Tuesday on suspicion of batter with a deadly weapon.
Sheriff’s spokesman Bob Harmon says an open murder charge was added on Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
Resendiz-Moreno was being held without bail on Thursday. It’s not clear if he has a lawyer or will be appointed one at a pending court appearance.
The victim has not been identified. No other details have been released.