INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. (AP) — Washoe County sheriff’s deputies have added a murder charge for a suspect arrested in the suspicious death of a man at Lake Tahoe.
The sheriff’s office says officers found a man dead in Incline Village on Tuesday when they were called to a residence near Southwood and Tahoe boulevards at about 10 a.m.
The suspect identified as 44-year-old Ismael Resendiz-Moreno was detained at the scene and originally booked into the Washoe County Jail on Tuesday on suspicion of batter with a deadly weapon.
Sheriff’s spokesman Bob Harmon says an open murder charge was added on Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
Resendiz-Moreno was being held without bail on Thursday. It’s not clear if he has a lawyer or will be appointed one at a pending court appearance.
The victim has not been identified. No other details have been released.