DETROIT (AP) — Police say a suspect has been arrested in a hit-and-run crash that killed an 8-year-old boy in Detroit.
The boy identified as Brandyn Starks was crossing a street Thursday on the city’s southwest side when witnesses say he was hit by an SUV that disregarded a red traffic light. A 27-year-old man was arrested Sunday during a traffic stop in the Detroit suburb of Ecorse.
A tip to investigators led to the arrest, but police say they’re still looking for the vehicle involved in the hit-and-run.
Police have said the boy’s parents were searching for him after he left home with a wagon about two blocks from where he was struck. He was apparently trying to go to a nearby park. A weekend vigil was held for him in Detroit.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- The coming California megastorm