HOMEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — A 47-year-old suspect has been charged with murder in a homicide on Lake Tahoe’s west shore that detectives previously described as a suspicious death.
Jeremy David Virgo of Tahoma was being held Tuesday in the El Dorado County Jail after he was arrested Sunday at the Homewood Mountain ski resort about 8 miles (13 kilometers) south of Tahoe City.
It wasn’t immediately clear if he has a lawyer or will be appointed one at a pending court appearance.
El Dorado County deputies were dispatched to reports of shots fired at a home in the community of Homewood at about 12:40 p.m. Sunday where a dead body was found inside.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
Sgt. Anthony Prencipe said the victim’s identity was being withheld until next of kin were notified.