HOMEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — A 47-year-old suspect has been charged with murder in a homicide on Lake Tahoe’s west shore that detectives previously described as a suspicious death.
Jeremy David Virgo of Tahoma was being held Tuesday in the El Dorado County Jail after he was arrested Sunday at the Homewood Mountain ski resort about 8 miles (13 kilometers) south of Tahoe City.
It wasn’t immediately clear if he has a lawyer or will be appointed one at a pending court appearance.
El Dorado County deputies were dispatched to reports of shots fired at a home in the community of Homewood at about 12:40 p.m. Sunday where a dead body was found inside.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Sgt. Anthony Prencipe said the victim’s identity was being withheld until next of kin were notified.