HOMEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — A 47-year-old suspect has been charged with murder in a homicide on Lake Tahoe’s west shore that detectives previously described as a suspicious death.
Jeremy David Virgo of Tahoma was being held Tuesday in the El Dorado County Jail after he was arrested Sunday at the Homewood Mountain ski resort about 8 miles (13 kilometers) south of Tahoe City.
It wasn’t immediately clear if he has a lawyer or will be appointed one at a pending court appearance.
El Dorado County deputies were dispatched to reports of shots fired at a home in the community of Homewood at about 12:40 p.m. Sunday where a dead body was found inside.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
Sgt. Anthony Prencipe said the victim’s identity was being withheld until next of kin were notified.