HOMEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — A 47-year-old suspect has been charged with murder in a homicide on Lake Tahoe’s west shore that detectives previously described as a suspicious death.
Jeremy David Virgo of Tahoma was being held Tuesday in the El Dorado County Jail after he was arrested Sunday at the Homewood Mountain ski resort about 8 miles (13 kilometers) south of Tahoe City.
It wasn’t immediately clear if he has a lawyer or will be appointed one at a pending court appearance.
El Dorado County deputies were dispatched to reports of shots fired at a home in the community of Homewood at about 12:40 p.m. Sunday where a dead body was found inside.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks
Sgt. Anthony Prencipe said the victim’s identity was being withheld until next of kin were notified.