KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) — Police have arrested a 21-year-old man in the fatal stabbing of a Chiloquin woman.
The Herald and News reports that Uriah Vargas was booked into the Klamath County Jail on charges of murder, unlawful use of a weapon and tampering with evidence.
The victim — 21-year-old Melanie Ghost — was found dead early Wednesday near the intersection of Oak Avenue and Commercial Street in Klamath Falls. Vargas lives on Oak Avenue.
The authorities have not revealed the relationship between Vargas and Ghost.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Morning coffee results in $1,000 fine, expulsion from Venice
- An American woman and her boyfriend were exploring Canada. They were found dead on a highway.
- Nobel laureate from Iraq told Trump that ISIS killed her family. 'Where are they now?' he asked.
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land
Information from: Herald and News, http://www.heraldandnews.com