KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) — Police have arrested a 21-year-old man in the fatal stabbing of a Chiloquin woman.
The Herald and News reports that Uriah Vargas was booked into the Klamath County Jail on charges of murder, unlawful use of a weapon and tampering with evidence.
The victim — 21-year-old Melanie Ghost — was found dead early Wednesday near the intersection of Oak Avenue and Commercial Street in Klamath Falls. Vargas lives on Oak Avenue.
The authorities have not revealed the relationship between Vargas and Ghost.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- To defend Trump, conservatives smear journalist presumed dead
Information from: Herald and News, http://www.heraldandnews.com