KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) — Police have arrested a 21-year-old man in the fatal stabbing of a Chiloquin woman.
The Herald and News reports that Uriah Vargas was booked into the Klamath County Jail on charges of murder, unlawful use of a weapon and tampering with evidence.
The victim — 21-year-old Melanie Ghost — was found dead early Wednesday near the intersection of Oak Avenue and Commercial Street in Klamath Falls. Vargas lives on Oak Avenue.
The authorities have not revealed the relationship between Vargas and Ghost.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
Information from: Herald and News, http://www.heraldandnews.com