KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) — Police have arrested a 21-year-old man in the fatal stabbing of a Chiloquin woman.
The Herald and News reports that Uriah Vargas was booked into the Klamath County Jail on charges of murder, unlawful use of a weapon and tampering with evidence.
The victim — 21-year-old Melanie Ghost — was found dead early Wednesday near the intersection of Oak Avenue and Commercial Street in Klamath Falls. Vargas lives on Oak Avenue.
The authorities have not revealed the relationship between Vargas and Ghost.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- HQ Trivia co-founder dies apparently of drug overdose, police say
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
Information from: Herald and News, http://www.heraldandnews.com