TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Police in Tucson have arrested a suspect allegedly involved in a fatal hit-and-run accident.
They say 33-year-old Ruben Aulbert Lemon was arrested Saturday night.
He’s being held on suspicion of one count of a hit-and-run involving a death with additional charges possibly added at a later date.
Police say Lemon allegedly ran his truck into a bus stop at a high rate of speed last Wednesday, killing one man and injuring a woman.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
The man died of his injuries at a Tucson hospital.
Police have identified the victim as 67-year-old Leonard Green.
It was unclear Sunday if Lemon has a lawyer yet.