FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A man has been arrested in the disappearance of a man in North Carolina more than three years ago.
Media outlets reported that 24-year-old Howard Ashleman of Wade has been charged with first-degree murder and armed robbery in the disappearance of 28-year-old James Allan Chambers II.
Ashleman was arrested Monday in Randolph County.
Chambers’ body has not been found. He was reported missing in August 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Chambers’ father said his son and the suspect worked together and had gotten into several arguments. Prosecutors say Ashleman is charged with robbing chambers of $100.
Chambers’ attorney, David Smith, did not talk about the case.