SALUDA, S.C. (AP) — A 16-year-old girl reported missing from Kentucky two months ago has been found in South Carolina, and authorities say they have arrested a suspect in her disappearance.
The Saluda County Sheriff’s Office said on its Facebook page that it received a report on Feb. 20 from the girl’s family. Deputies went to the home of 24-year-old Florencio Gomez Saiche, who said no one else was in the house.
According to the sheriff’s office, deputies heard movements, searched the home and found the victim and took her to safety.
The girl had last been seen in Kentucky around Dec. 7. Media outlets say she’s been reunited with her family.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Metal detector hobbyist finds a 500-year-old pendant linked to Henry VIII
Saiche is jailed without bond on charges of kidnapping and first-degree criminal sexual conduct. It’s not known if he has an attorney.