AURORA, Colo. (AP) — Police officers dressed as superheroes rappelled from the roof of Children’s Hospital Colorado to brighten the day of the patients inside.
The hospital in Aurora serves hundreds of children with different diagnoses ranging from serious trauma to dermatological illnesses, cancer and eating disorders.
The officers work for the Aurora Police Department, and Tuesday’s event was part of their training as a SWAT team.
Parents and family members were invited to attend the event, which has previously been hosted by the hospital. Many of the officers had never rappelled before the show.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As experts warn of brutal flu 'twindemic,' here are 8 things to know about getting your flu shot
- A Kansas boy entered a unique insect at the state fair. It triggered a federal investigation
- A woman saw a gynecologist for nine years. Then she discovered he was her biological father, lawsuit says
- Taliban shootout in palace sidelines leader who dealt with U.S.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events