BARNESVILLE, Ga. (AP) — A driver looking for a lost item near a Georgia interstate stumbled on a suitcase holding what investigators believe are human bones.
WGXA-TV reports that the suitcase held a skull and pelvic bones. Butts County Coroner Ralph Wilson says it appeared to have been lying near I-75 for months, and was too far from the road to have been thrown from a vehicle.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said the suitcase and “what is believed to be human skeletal remains” were found Thursday within a few miles (kilometers) of exit 201, which is north of Barnesville.
Bureau spokesman Bahan Rich declined to comment further in an email Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats