SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a suburban Detroit woman has died in a condominium fire.
Southfield Fire Department Battalion Chief Greg Gekiere says the fire reported about 5 a.m. Sunday collapsed the second floor of the unit. He tells The Detroit News that arriving firefighters encountered an “aggressive fire” coming from the second floor.
The woman’s age and name was not immediately released.
Gekiere says an older child escaped the fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
The fire also damaged an adjoining unit.
Southfield is 10 miles northwest of Detroit.
Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/