SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a suburban Detroit woman has died in a condominium fire.
Southfield Fire Department Battalion Chief Greg Gekiere says the fire reported about 5 a.m. Sunday collapsed the second floor of the unit. He tells The Detroit News that arriving firefighters encountered an “aggressive fire” coming from the second floor.
The woman’s age and name was not immediately released.
Gekiere says an older child escaped the fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
The fire also damaged an adjoining unit.
Southfield is 10 miles northwest of Detroit.
Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/