SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a suburban Detroit woman has died in a condominium fire.
Southfield Fire Department Battalion Chief Greg Gekiere says the fire reported about 5 a.m. Sunday collapsed the second floor of the unit. He tells The Detroit News that arriving firefighters encountered an “aggressive fire” coming from the second floor.
The woman’s age and name was not immediately released.
Gekiere says an older child escaped the fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 29 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
The fire also damaged an adjoining unit.
Southfield is 10 miles northwest of Detroit.
Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/