SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a suburban Detroit woman has died in a condominium fire.
Southfield Fire Department Battalion Chief Greg Gekiere says the fire reported about 5 a.m. Sunday collapsed the second floor of the unit. He tells The Detroit News that arriving firefighters encountered an “aggressive fire” coming from the second floor.
The woman’s age and name was not immediately released.
Gekiere says an older child escaped the fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
The fire also damaged an adjoining unit.
Southfield is 10 miles northwest of Detroit.
Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/