SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a suburban Detroit woman has died in a condominium fire.
Southfield Fire Department Battalion Chief Greg Gekiere says the fire reported about 5 a.m. Sunday collapsed the second floor of the unit. He tells The Detroit News that arriving firefighters encountered an “aggressive fire” coming from the second floor.
The woman’s age and name was not immediately released.
Gekiere says an older child escaped the fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
The fire also damaged an adjoining unit.
Southfield is 10 miles northwest of Detroit.
Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/