PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Brown University’s campus newspaper has apologized to Malia Obama after students posted on social media that she was partying during a college visit.
A photo that circulated online allegedly shows the president’s daughter standing next to a table with cups at an Oct. 10 party.
People who say they attended wrote on Twitter that Malia played beer pong.
A story about the tweets said Brown students had “no chill” because they didn’t leave her alone during the visit.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boebert, Greene, Cruz and others decry ‘demonic’ Grammys
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- Lucky player in Washington wins $747 million Powerball prize
- White people have flocked back to city centers — and transformed them
- Fears mount around 'catastrophic' abortion pills case as decision nears
The Brown Daily Herald published an editorial Tuesday with the headline, “Sorry, Malia Obama.”
It says it’s a shame Malia couldn’t enjoy herself at Brown without students posting pictures online and news outlets writing about it.
It says if the president’s daughter ever returns, hopefully next time “we will ‘have more chill.'”