PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Brown University’s campus newspaper has apologized to Malia Obama after students posted on social media that she was partying during a college visit.
A photo that circulated online allegedly shows the president’s daughter standing next to a table with cups at an Oct. 10 party.
People who say they attended wrote on Twitter that Malia played beer pong.
A story about the tweets said Brown students had “no chill” because they didn’t leave her alone during the visit.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man lived inside Chicago's O’Hare airport for 3 months before detection, prosecutors say
- Misinformation dropped dramatically the week after Twitter banned Trump
- Tribal elders are dying from the pandemic, causing a cultural crisis for American Indians VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Heavily fortified statehouses around US see small protests VIEW
The Brown Daily Herald published an editorial Tuesday with the headline, “Sorry, Malia Obama.”
It says it’s a shame Malia couldn’t enjoy herself at Brown without students posting pictures online and news outlets writing about it.
It says if the president’s daughter ever returns, hopefully next time “we will ‘have more chill.'”