SUTTON, Mass. (AP) — Officials in a Massachusetts town say no one was hurt when a school bus full of middle and high school students slid backward down an icy road and crashed into a stopped car.
A nearby resident captured video of the crash early Tuesday in Sutton. Neither vehicle was badly damaged, and the bus continued on to school after the crash.
Later Tuesday, a Sutton school van crashed into a pole. Two adults and a child were hospitalized after that crash.
Sutton Superintendent Theodore Friend says he consulted with other school administrators and highway officials before deciding to send the buses out. He says most main roads had been treated before the first crash, but some smaller roads had not.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen