CALEDONIA, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi student has been arrested for possessing a gun which should have been logged into evidence 10 years ago.
The Commercial Dispatch reports the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office’s announcement this week comes after the Caledonia High School student was arrested on Jan. 31.
It says the firearm was in possession of a former deputy and should have been logged into evidence, and investigators are now putting together a case against the former officer. Chief Deputy Marc Miley declined to identify the officer or gun and said the department is trying to figure out how it got into the minor’s possession.
The unidentified minor was arrested at school on charges of possession of a weapon by a minor after deputies found the gun and ammunition at his home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Information from: The Commercial Dispatch, http://www.cdispatch.com