CALEDONIA, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi student has been arrested for possessing a gun which should have been logged into evidence 10 years ago.
The Commercial Dispatch reports the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office’s announcement this week comes after the Caledonia High School student was arrested on Jan. 31.
It says the firearm was in possession of a former deputy and should have been logged into evidence, and investigators are now putting together a case against the former officer. Chief Deputy Marc Miley declined to identify the officer or gun and said the department is trying to figure out how it got into the minor’s possession.
The unidentified minor was arrested at school on charges of possession of a weapon by a minor after deputies found the gun and ammunition at his home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- He attends an elite university but lives in a trailer with no heat or sewer hookups VIEW
- Fear mounts in Austin as serial bomber uses tripwire VIEW
- Trump says Mueller's team has '13 hardened Democrats' - here are the facts
- Rock climber in California plunges 200 feet to her death
- He owns much of Ethiopia. The Saudis won’t say where they’re keeping him.
Information from: The Commercial Dispatch, http://www.cdispatch.com