BOSTON (AP) — Officials say a student was stabbed inside a Boston middle school bathroom and another student has been arrested.
A Boston Public Schools spokesman says the stabbing occurred during a fight at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Washington Irving Middle School in the city’s Roslindale neighborhood.
The injured student’s wounds are not considered life-threatening.
No information about the students involved was disclosed. The school serves students in sixth through eighth grades.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
The school was placed in safe mode following the stabbing and classes continued as normal.
The department has sent behavioral health crisis counselors to the school to work with students or staff that needs support.