BOSTON (AP) — Officials say a student was stabbed inside a Boston middle school bathroom and another student has been arrested.
A Boston Public Schools spokesman says the stabbing occurred during a fight at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Washington Irving Middle School in the city’s Roslindale neighborhood.
The injured student’s wounds are not considered life-threatening.
No information about the students involved was disclosed. The school serves students in sixth through eighth grades.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
The school was placed in safe mode following the stabbing and classes continued as normal.
The department has sent behavioral health crisis counselors to the school to work with students or staff that needs support.