BOSTON (AP) — Officials say a student was stabbed inside a Boston middle school bathroom and another student has been arrested.
A Boston Public Schools spokesman says the stabbing occurred during a fight at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Washington Irving Middle School in the city’s Roslindale neighborhood.
The injured student’s wounds are not considered life-threatening.
No information about the students involved was disclosed. The school serves students in sixth through eighth grades.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- 12-year-old in China kills his mother, then returns to school, igniting an outcry
The school was placed in safe mode following the stabbing and classes continued as normal.
The department has sent behavioral health crisis counselors to the school to work with students or staff that needs support.