BOSTON (AP) — Officials say a student was stabbed inside a Boston middle school bathroom and another student has been arrested.
A Boston Public Schools spokesman says the stabbing occurred during a fight at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Washington Irving Middle School in the city’s Roslindale neighborhood.
The injured student’s wounds are not considered life-threatening.
No information about the students involved was disclosed. The school serves students in sixth through eighth grades.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
The school was placed in safe mode following the stabbing and classes continued as normal.
The department has sent behavioral health crisis counselors to the school to work with students or staff that needs support.