PUTNEY, Vt. (AP) — Police say they’ve arrested the student accused of making a written threat of violence against Landmark Community College in Vermont.
Vermont State Police say they arrested 23-year-old Eric Smith of Red Bank, New Jersey, on Wednesday and charged him with making a false public alarm and disorderly conduct. Police say Smith, a student at the Putney college, made the threat on March 3.
Officials say a search of the campus found no evidence of any actual threat other than Smith’s written threat.
It wasn’t immediately known if Smith had a lawyer. A message was left seeking comment at a possible phone number.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'