SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The capital of California and an apartment complex have agreed to pay $1.35 million to an elderly stroke victim who was raped several times by an off-duty Sacramento police officer.
The Sacramento Bee reports (http://bit.ly/2jAm42C ) that the city and the senior complex in which the woman lived will each pay $675,000 under the settlement announced by her attorney Wednesday.
Former Officer Gary Dale Baker was sentenced in 2015 to 62 years to life in prison for the attacks against the woman in her 70s.
She was recovering from a stroke that left her unable to speak when she was sexually assaulted for the first time in 2010.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- Bail set at $1M for uncle suspected of killing Lynnwood 6-year-old
- As Amazon’s deadline for HQ2 bids closes, speculation on winner heats up
The woman pointed at photographs and pantomimed the acts she was forced to perform to describe what she endured.
Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com