NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP) — A stripper who fled the U.S. more than six years ago on the eve of her trial for armed assault of a fellow exotic dancer has been apprehended in the Dominican Republic.
Authorities announced Monday that former Providence, Rhode Island, resident Katherine Pimental was arrested last week and returned to Massachusetts, where she’s facing charges stemming from a July 2007 stabbing.
The 35-year-old Pimental is accused of attacking a fellow dancer at a Dartmouth strip club, leaving her with severe injuries to her face and arm. Pimental didn’t show up for court in December 2009 on the day her trial started.
Pimental is due Tuesday in Fall River Superior Court to face charges connected to the stabbing and bail-jumping charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
It’s unclear whether she has a lawyer who could comment.