NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP) — A stripper who fled the U.S. more than six years ago on the eve of her trial for armed assault of a fellow exotic dancer has been apprehended in the Dominican Republic.
Authorities announced Monday that former Providence, Rhode Island, resident Katherine Pimental was arrested last week and returned to Massachusetts, where she’s facing charges stemming from a July 2007 stabbing.
The 35-year-old Pimental is accused of attacking a fellow dancer at a Dartmouth strip club, leaving her with severe injuries to her face and arm. Pimental didn’t show up for court in December 2009 on the day her trial started.
Pimental is due Tuesday in Fall River Superior Court to face charges connected to the stabbing and bail-jumping charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Space station discarded some trash. It rained fire in California's sky WATCH
- Ship owned by U.S. Navy tips over at Edinburgh port, injuring dozens
- Idaho hospital to stop delivering babies, partly due to 'political climate'
- 2 people dig out of jail with toothbrush, get caught at IHOP, officials say
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
It’s unclear whether she has a lawyer who could comment.