PHOENIX (AP) — A mile-long stretch of Phoenix freeway remains closed during the beginning of the Friday morning commute because of a serious two-vehicle wreck.
Southbound Interstate 17 is closed between Dunlap and Northern avenues in northwest Phoenix, with traffic being detoured onto the frontage road.
The state Department of Public Safety says a driver has life-threatening injuries after being ejected when his pickup overturned after colliding with another vehicle.
Northbound I-17 is unaffected.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror