PHOENIX (AP) — A mile-long stretch of Phoenix freeway remains closed during the beginning of the Friday morning commute because of a serious two-vehicle wreck.
Southbound Interstate 17 is closed between Dunlap and Northern avenues in northwest Phoenix, with traffic being detoured onto the frontage road.
The state Department of Public Safety says a driver has life-threatening injuries after being ejected when his pickup overturned after colliding with another vehicle.
Northbound I-17 is unaffected.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.