PHOENIX (AP) — A mile-long stretch of Phoenix freeway remains closed during the beginning of the Friday morning commute because of a serious two-vehicle wreck.
Southbound Interstate 17 is closed between Dunlap and Northern avenues in northwest Phoenix, with traffic being detoured onto the frontage road.
The state Department of Public Safety says a driver has life-threatening injuries after being ejected when his pickup overturned after colliding with another vehicle.
Northbound I-17 is unaffected.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- 2 dead, 13 wounded in shooting attack in Toronto WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting