PHOENIX (AP) — A mile-long stretch of Phoenix freeway remains closed during the beginning of the Friday morning commute because of a serious two-vehicle wreck.
Southbound Interstate 17 is closed between Dunlap and Northern avenues in northwest Phoenix, with traffic being detoured onto the frontage road.
The state Department of Public Safety says a driver has life-threatening injuries after being ejected when his pickup overturned after colliding with another vehicle.
Northbound I-17 is unaffected.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades