NEWARK, N.J. — The storm enveloping the northeastern U.S. is causing major headaches for air travelers.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says more than 1,000 flights had been cancelled as of 8 a.m. at its three major New York-area airports.
That number included 545 cancellations at Newark Liberty International Airport, which is 45 percent of the airport’s normal schedule. JFK International Airport reported 449 cancellations, and LaGuardia Airport reported 437 cancellations.
Additional cancellations are expected as the storm strengthens throughout the day Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- 'Republicans will never stop': Obama rips GOP after Affordable Care Act is ruled unconstitutional
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter