NEWARK, N.J. — The storm enveloping the northeastern U.S. is causing major headaches for air travelers.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says more than 1,000 flights had been cancelled as of 8 a.m. at its three major New York-area airports.
That number included 545 cancellations at Newark Liberty International Airport, which is 45 percent of the airport’s normal schedule. JFK International Airport reported 449 cancellations, and LaGuardia Airport reported 437 cancellations.
Additional cancellations are expected as the storm strengthens throughout the day Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Archaeologists discover 'massive' ancient building in Egypt VIEW
- Mormon women’s group aims call for probe of Kavanaugh allegations at LDS senators