OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A winter storm has brought near blizzard conditions to much of Nebraska.
The National Weather Service says more than 10 inches (26 centimeters) has already fallen on North Platte in western Nebraska, and near zero visibility has been reported near Cambridge.
Weather service meteorologist Aaron Mangels said snow started to fall on Hastings in south-central Nebraska around 5:30 a.m., and he expected 5 to 6 inches (13 to 15 centimeters) to accumulate by the storm’s exit around 3 p.m.
The Nebraska Transportation Department websites shows around three-quarters of the state’s roads are covered with snow. A section of Nebraska Highway 2 from Dunning to Ansley was listed as impassable, with whiteout conditions.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
The storm forced closure of the Woodbury County Courthouse in Sioux City, Iowa.