RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Craft brewing company Stone Brewing Co. is suing MillerCoors LLC over the rebranding of Keystone Light beer.
The Roanoke Times reports that Stone Brewing, based in California with a brewery in Richmond, filed the lawsuit on Monday accusing MillerCoors Keystone beer’s rebranding of overtly copying and infringing on the Stone trademark. It says the new Keystone label emphasizes the word “Stone,” and that MillerCoors has launched a social media campaign intended to mislead customers by establishing Stone as a new name for Keystone.
Stone Brewing’s co-founder and executive chairman Greg Koch says in a released video that the company believes “MillerCoors is intentionally and deliberately trying to create confusion in the marketplace.”
MillerCoors has denied the claims in a statement and called the lawsuit a “clever publicity stunt.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
Information from: The Roanoke Times, http://www.roanoke.com