BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Authorities say the driver of a stolen bus that overturned on a Louisiana highway is one of two people who were hurt.
Baton Rouge police spokesman Sgt. Don Coppola tells The Advocate newspaper that a woman who was driving will be arrested after she is released from a hospital. Capital Area Transit System communications director Amie McNaylor says no employees or passengers were on board the bus when it crashed Thursday night.
Emergency Medical Services spokesman Mike Chustz says the woman and another person at the scene were taken to a hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.
Coppola says the driver had struck several vehicles and hit a sign before the bus flipped.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
Further details have not been released.
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com