WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Three fire stations in Delaware’s largest city were renamed were firefighters who were killed in a house fire.
The Wilmington City Council on Monday renamed the fire stations for Lt. Jerry Fickes, Lt. Ardythe Hope and Capt. Christopher Leach.
Fickes and Leach died in the Sept. 24, 2016, fire. Hope was badly burned in was hospitalized before dying in December.
The Wilmington News Journal reports that officials unveiled bronze plaques that will be mounted on the stations.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
Beatrice Fana-Ruiz, the daughter of the homeowner and a temporary resident, was charged with arson and murder after the fire.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com